CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Emergency: Ugandan family in need

Sometimes I wonder at the things God allows. I wonder why He lets so many people suffer in so many different ways. But I also know that God is a God of redemption, of second chances, of making beauty from ashes. I trust Him; He has shown Himself faithful time and again.

Today I found out that my Ugandan family - Fred's aunt and uncle, the family I just spent 15 months with - has had something terrible happen to them. They had just paid for 3 months' rent when their landlord's sons came over and said they had to begin renovating the house. They gave them a day's warning and told them to leave. They have nowhere to go; no money with which to do that. So WITH THE FAMILY STILL INSIDE, they began taking all of the tiles off of the roof of their house. The house is open on top and it has been raining. You can imagine what ensued. Their house keeps leaking and flooding and there are still many people living inside of it. There were also dozens of bats living in their ceiling and it has made a giant, disgusting mess in their house. I am shocked at what they are having to go through and how they have been treated. I was just living in this house 2 short weeks ago. But for a few days difference, I would have been personally dealing with this situation.

They don't have money to move anywhere else at the moment. They need about $500 right now to move into a new place and pay a few months of rent in advance. Please, if you can help this family, donate through my Paypal account (the link is on the right of the page) and I will send the money to them. If you can, write 'Ugandan family' on the Paypal note and I'll make sure it gets to them. I cannot even imagine what they are dealing with right now. This is a good and godly family who has served the Lord for many years. Please pray with them as they try to move forward and help financially if you are able to.

I just called my host dad, Fred's uncle, who lives in that house. He said to me, "God will provide. It is when we struggle that He most manifests Himself." I want a faith like that. God works in ways we don't understand, that is one thing I DO understand.

Thanks so much, and God bless.

-----------

To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for His own glory.
Isaiah 61:3

0 comments: